Monday, December 15, 2008

All Shook up!

Now I remember why I hate living in NW Indiana! Winter.

I was taking Sophia to school this morning. Since we were running a little late, I decided to take the freeway there. No biggie usually. Get on and take the next exit. I don't even have to actually get ON the freeway. So we're driving, almost to the exit. The car in front of me(about 3 car lengths) slows down to almost a stop. As I apply my brake, BAM I hit a patch of ice that sends the car spinning!!! OMG. I know I said OMG and Oh shit about a million times. Thank God we were at the low part of the exit and just spun into the grass. Also thankful that the car behind me was several car lengths back as well. So we didn't hit anything or get hit by anyone. Once we stopped spinning, I put the car in park for a few minutes. Calmed myself and Sophia down. Then waited for the cars to pass and proceeded to take Sophia to school.

Can you believe with all the traffic behind me, NO ONE STOPPED!!! Not a single F'n person!

I got Sophia to school, told her teacher's aide what happened. I nearly in tears while talking to her. She gave me a big hug and said that she would keep an extra eye on Sophia. :) I love Mrs Sherry. She's soo sweet.

I was also supposed to go to my chiro appt today but called and cancelled. I know I would have been way too tense for an adjustment today.

So now I'm too scared to drive anywhere. Mom wants me and Sophia to meet her for lunch, but I don't know. We'll see how I feel after Sophia gets home from school.

No comments: