Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crazy days

So it's been pretty crazy around here. Tomorrow is my first day off from work in almost 2 weeks! I'm not complaining much though. It's been worth it. I'm really hoping for a decent bonus this year so I can get the lap top I want. :)

Of course, there is one downfall to working this week. All the sick people who have come into our office! ACK. Of course I ended up with a horrible cold. It's starting to get better. Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow..finally!

So to combat my cold and as an experiment of sorts, I went out and bought a neti pot. It's a little pot that you put saline water in and let the water run from one nostril and out the other. It's gravityfed and so far it's been, um, interesting. I don't think I was doing it right at first because the water kept running to the back of my throat and then I would gag. Then I came online, found a video of how I'm supposed to hold my head and it worked much better. I'm sure as I do it more and I'm not as clogged up, it will work better. Wayne is going to use it too in hopes that it helps with the multiple sinus infections he gets. I'm just hoping it helps with my allergies and the occasional cold I get. :)

Kids are doing good. Sophia had school pictures on Friday. She was so excited because the kids who are going to kindergarten next year got to wear a cap and gown for their pics. She came home all excited because hers was PINK! Her favorite color. I can't wait to see how they came out. She's been such a good girl. We have a new routine at night now. Every night at 6pm, we curl up on the couch together and watch How It's Made for an hour. Then we watch Food Network or Discovery channel until it's time for the kids to go to bed. Connor comes and goes during that time. Most of the time he is in their bedroom watching cartoons or playing with his batman stuff.

Connor had his last session of OT on Thurs. It was a bit sad because we had to say good bye to Elona for the 2nd time. She was Sophia's OT as well. We did promise to keep in touch so we have exchanged emails. I made sure to get a picture of her and the kids together. I'm going to send her a copy. We will miss her. She has been a part of our lives in some way for 5 yrs. It started when she started OT with Sophia in the NICU. :)

Well better go make dinner for the munchkins. Unless they aren't hungry yet. :)

No comments: