Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Time...it gets away from me.

Has it really been almost 2 weeks since I lasted posted anything? hmm been a little busy.

Had a wonderful Mother's day.  The weekend was kicked off by a Mother's Appreciation Sock Hop at Sophia's school.  Saturday was spent doing stuff around the house and then we went out for dinner. Afterward we stopped by Michelle's to get the crafts the kids made and while we were in the driveway we saw a high speed chase. It had started in Chicago and made it's way down the freeway and the guy got off the exit by Michelle's house. The cops chased him back towards our house and the town one over from where we live got him. Thankfully no innocent bystanders were hurt.

Sunday was a great day.  I got served breakfast in bed. Then I went and picked out my new eyeglasses and went to the grocery store. I know that doesn't sound very exciting but it felt good to get out alone for a few hours.  When I got home, I found out Sophia had eaten my lunch so what did I have?  Guacamole, chips and a strawberry daiquiri!  can we say yum? 

For dinner that night we had steak tacos on the grill, rice, refried beans and watermelon.  Michelle came over and had dinner. Had margaritas with dinner. it was a nice relaxing night. 

This whole week I have been busy helping out at school for the book fair. It has been fun.  Today I helped out in Sophia's class after I got done working at the book fair.  Yesterday Wayne and Connor helped out at the fair too. 

Tonight we had Family Night at Cheerleading.  The girls performed their routine in front of all the parents and family members who can't go to tournament. Sophia's group did great!  She was so excited.  Her coaches gave all the girls a certificate and Sophia even got a special mention. Pretty much given a verbal "Most Improved" award from the coaches.  I'm so proud of her!

Connor started Tball last Saturday! Wayne took him and he said he did great! Connor came home and told me all about it.  He has to miss this weekend since we'll be at Sophia's cheer competition, but he will get to go to all the rest!  I'm glad he's finally old enough to participate in something. 

Time to throw some clothes in the wash and then go to bed. Last day of working the book fair tomorrow!

No comments: