Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekends go too fast

At least this weekend seemed to go pretty quickly.  

Yesterday we got up and made a yummy breakfast of eggs and sausage links. Then we went and bought our veggies and an outdoor rug for the deck. I had wanted to plant the veggies yesterday but then it looked like it was going to rain so I didn't get that done.  The kids and I went and had dinner with Wayne at work yesterday.  That was, um, fun.  After that went to Michelle's house because she had a craft she wanted to do with the kids. After they finished their craft, we stayed and sat by the fire for a little bit.

Today was a little more fun.  I woke up before everyone else. Sorta.  The kids were awake but in their bedroom.  I started the coffee and then made biscuits and gravy.  Wayne had asked me to make it yesterday but the kids wanted eggs.  Connor loved them! He had 2 helpings. After breakfast, I enjoyed my coffee while I read the paper. Wayne decided he wanted to go to the World War II re-enactment today.  So after a 2nd trip to Menards, we met Michelle, Rod, and Sabrina at Main Square and watched the "battle". Connor Loved it! 

After Wayne went to work, Sophia and I waited for Connor to get up from his nap and then we went to Target.  Tomorrow is Pajama Day at school for Sophia so I had to buy her some jammies since she didn't have any appropriate for school.  No shorts or tank tops.  We also bought some stuff for her teacher since this is Teacher Appreciation Week.  She was so excited to pick things out.

I made pork chops on the grill and made honey glazed carrots and mashed potatoes to go with it. It was so yummy. Sophia had 2 helpings of pork chops. Connor actually ate all his dinner too.

Now the kids are in bed and I am watching True Blood. They are replaying last season's episodes. I can't wait for the new season to start. Just a month and a half longer!!

No comments: