Monday, March 24, 2008

My future rocket scientist!

Sophia had her appt with the NICU follow up clinic today. She goes once a year to be tested by the child pyschologist. I never fell over when they told me how tall she was! 46 inches!! She's 2 inches shy of 4 feet!! Which means she's 1ft 4 in shorter than ME! OMG!

So the child psych does her tests. She said they don't start calling it an IQ test until they are 6 yrs old. Right now it's a developmental quotient(or DQ *giggle*) test. Sophia did VERY well. *grin* PROUD MOMMA!

So she tells me that between 90 and 100 is normal or average. Sophia's verbal or language skills tested out at 119!!! I wasn't too shocked really as I know she has a great vocabulary and awesome enunciation for her age. The shocker came when I got her overall score. 110! She's above average! I'm so proud of her. The CP said that she probably would have tested higher if Sophia hadn't gotten bored at the end and did the tests instead of goofing off. Poor girl. I'm gonna have my hands full trying to keep her challenged while learning. The dr said that's probably why her attention span is lower. She gets bored easily.

I'm just so proud of her anyways! We were given a couple of things to work on ie how she holds her pencil when she writes, making sure she finishes a task before rewarding her.

Sophia has decided she doesn't want to do gymnastics. While I'm sad about it, I know that I can't force her to do it and I can only hope that in the future she will change her mind. I'm thinking of renting or buying a copy of the Nadia Comaneci movie. I loved that movie so even if Sophia doesn't want to watch it, I will! :) So tomorrow I have to call the school and see if I can get a refund of my money. According to their website, it says a 100% guarantee or they will refund your money if it's within a month. It's only been a few days! :(

Okay..I'm off to enjoy my evening. I"m officially on vacation until next Monday! WOOT!

No comments: