Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I survived the tent!

We are home from our camping trip. I survived sleeping in a tent. The kids had a blast though and that's all that really matters. This is going to be long so if you don't make it through, that's okay!

Thurs ~ We got a late start. I wanted to leave by 9am, we left at 10am. No biggie. Stopped for gas. Were amazed because it was $3.74 a gal!!! WOW! Arrived at the lake after stopping for lunch. Fed the kids and ourselves. Set up the tent and hung out with my family. Mom and I went to the grocery store because Wayne and I decided to just shop down there. BIG mistake. It was soo much more expensive. I'll never do that again and if I do, it won't be at THAT store. I had wanted to go to the super Walmart but mom didn't. Oh well. Kids went to bed late.

Friday ~ woke up early. Made bacon and eggs on over the campfire. MMM so yummy. Took forever though because the fire kept going out for some reason. I blame Wayne. He blames the firepit. lol Finally made it down to mom's RV. Went out on the boat. Sophia went tubing with Wayne. She had a blast(pics to come). Then we went to this little area called boaters beach. It's just a little area where people anchor their boats in the water and swim. The water is like 3ft deep. Sophia LOVED it. She was so happy because we let her take off her life jacket and swim with her floatie ring. My little fishie. She kept telling grandpa she was a mermaid.

After we got back, Wayne and I went to Walmart so he could get his fishing license. Picked up some other odds and ends while there. Mom made spaghetti for dinner since there was a lot of us there. My sister, Kim, came down with her stepdaughter for the day. My stepbrother and his wife and 2 boys, Zach and Josh, were there. So was my nephew, Eric. Oh my other stepbrother came down that day as well. So there was 15 of us for dinner that night! Afterwards we went back out in the boats because Kim wanted to try skiing again and she actually got up this time! Afterward we just all went back to the RV and hung out by the fire. Another late night for the kiddos.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Glad you had fun camping. Though that's something that I never plan on doing. ROFL Unless you count Holiday Inn as camping.

The Kinker Family said...

Yeah Holiday inn is my idea of camping too, but I did it for the kids. LOL We actually had fun.