Saturday, October 25, 2008

Getting ready for Halloween!

We took the kids for their halloween costumes today. Originally I had gone to Toys R Us in hopes of finding a cheap football helmet for Connor to wear with the costume we were going to make out of Billy's jersey. As we walked into the store I saw the costumes. Right there in front of me was a football player costume!! I couldn't believe! We had looked everywhere and here it was! I snatched it right up. It was only $10. Oh but wait!!! They had all the halloween stuff 40% off! So it was only $6!! Bonus! So I decided that since the costumes were on sale that Sophia could be Sharpay from HSM. Had the costume in the cart and we see the Dorothy from Wizard of Oz costume. She wanted that instead! I was shocked! For weeks now she's been asking to be Sharpay. Now she wants Dorothy??? Fine. Plus it was cheaper. Regularly $19.99...got it for $11.99 on sale! Woo! So I got both costumes for less than what I would have paid regular price for hers.

Wednesday night we're going to Billy's high school for their safe trick or treat. The kids pay $2 or bring 6 canned goods and get to trick or treat from class room to class room. A lot better than going from car to car for trunk or treat. At least they will be inside a warm building.

Friday we are going to Uncle Todd's neighborhood to T or T. I grew up on the street he lives on and we go there every year. I can't wait to take my little football player and Dorothy. :) Oh and Sophia has a little toy yorkie(no it's not real) that is going to be Toto. :) She takes that thing EVERYWHERE. Aunt Michelle got it for her birthday. She named it Princess and we even bought a pink and rhinestone collar for it. She sleeps with it every night too. :) If only we could have a real one. maybe when she's older.

Looking forward to halloween but at the same time, I'm ready for it to be over.

No comments: