Wednesday, October 1, 2008

That stubborn streak is gonna be the death of me!


The day went pretty well! I'm so proud of myself because I did NOT cry at all! :) I made her breakfast and got her favorite(mcdonalds) for lunch. In the evening we went to my mom's for dinner and a mini party for Sophia. My stepsister and her family was in town from CA so we went and got cupcakes and celebrated Soph's bday with them. :) All in all it was a good day. :)

Today however, started out as a bad day. I got a call about 9:45 from her teacher. Sophia was being stubborn and didn't want to do her worksheet. So Mrs E. put her at a table by herself away from the other kids. So her teacher called for input. Was wondering how I handled things like this at home. I said well, I do what you are doing now and if that doesn't work, I take things away. She said so you're okay with me removing her from the rest of the class. I said, Mrs. E. It is YOUR classroom. You do what you need to in order for her to listen and cooperate. What ever you decide I will support that decision. So she says to me. Well she's a stubborn girl, but I'm sure that's what helped her when she was in the hospital as a baby. :) Great teacher to remember something that was told to her last school year. :)

The funny thing is that I had a friend warn me that this teacher was bitchy and tried to convince me to put Sophia in a different preschool because of the teacher. I said no, she's going there. I have never had any problems with this teacher. She taught the 3yr old class last year for a short time while Mrs Amy was out after surgery. I think she's nice. She didn't have to call me this morning about the situation, but she did and I appreciate it. :)

8 days til my baby boy turns 2. I can't believe it. Where has the time gone. It seems like yesterday I was getting ready to give birth and now he's almost 2 and potty training!! Yep, he's started showing an interest so I ran with it! Today he told me he had to go peepee, took off his diaper and headed for the bathroom. I helped him on the toilet, went to answer the phone and I hear Sophia yelling that Connor went pee on the floor!! LOL Sure enough. He had gone on the floor but he was still sitting on the toilet. He just forgot to hold his penis down. But hey, he went in the bathroom and not in his diaper!! :) It's a step in the right direction. How cool would it be if he was PT by Christmas!!!

Okay, I'm gonna take my stuffy/runny nose and go read for a bit. I'll post more about Connor tomorrow. i hope.

No comments: